Risotto is a traditional Italian dish and one of the most common ways of cooking rice in Italy. You can use a short grain rice such as Arborio, Carnaroli or Vialone Nano. Our recipe uses Snøfrisk® as a topping.
- 125 g Snøfrisk® Natural
- 200 g risotto (Arborio) rice
- 6 dl chicken stock
- 2 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 1 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 200 g mushrooms of your choice
- butter for sautéing the mushrooms
- small lettuce leaves and herbs
- salt and coarsely ground black pepper
- lemon juice
Here is how you do it
Fry mushrooms in butter until golden brown. In saucepan, bring stock to boil and season to taste with salt, coarsely ground black pepper and lemon juice. Reduce heat to low. In another sauce pan, melt 1 tbsp of the butter and quickly fry shallots and garlic. Add rice and stir. Then add stock a little at a time, stirring constantly.
This process takes approx. 20 minutes. The rice should be slightly firm to the bite. Stir in the final tbsp of butter. Top the risotto with small dollops of Snøfrisk®, sautéed mushroom, lettuce leaves and herbs.